This kind of marketing is very effective because you have direct communication with the clients/prospects. If you have a good database of contacts, Text Message Marketing will increase your sales and clients interaction with short term results.
What Are The Uses Of SMS Marketing?
SMS Marketing is extremely versatile, which allows you to connect with current customers and attract new ones in a variety of ways. If you can do it with a text message, SMS Marketing can cover it.
- Appointment Reminders – When a customer misses an appointment that’s lost revenue for your business. Studies show that unobtrusive text message reminders dramatically cut down on no-shows.
- Mass Text Messages – Type a message once and send it to all of your customers.
- Mobile Coupons – Research shows that consumers love mobile coupons. Text messages are a fast, efficient way to offer mobile coupons to existing customers and new customers alike. A good mobile coupon will include some breif info about the discount, a redemption deadline (build urgency!), and a coupon code. If you want to track your campaign make sure to use a coupon code that you can enter into your point-of-sale system.
- Text-2-Join – Encourage people to text your Keyword to a Short Code to join your marketing list.
- Text-2-Win – Customers text your Keyword to a Short Code to win a contest. Incentivized campaigns are one of the fastest ways to build your marketing list.
- Text-2-Vote – Run polls and voting efforts that customers can participate in by sending a text message.
These are some popular uses of SMS Marketing and are a good place to start. Every text message is limited to 160 characters, so as long as you can imagine it and explain it briefly you can do it with a text message.
USING SMS Marketing with CRM Systems.
Send SMS (text) messages in bulk
With eMarketing Automation, you can send SMS (text) messages in bulk to CRM marketing lists. The messages are sent to the mobile numbers of the lead and/or contact records on the marketing lists. CRM activity records are created to document that the message was sent. The SMS messages can take advantage of data in CRM for personalization.
Send SMS (text) messages from CRM workflow
Trigger SMS messages from CRM workflow and merge lead or contact data into the message contents. Personalized message is sent to recipients and logged in CRM as a closed activity associated to the lead and contact records.
Who Uses SMS Marketing?
SMS Marketing is a billion-dollar industry utilized by every type of business under the sun. From Fortune 500 companies to mom-and-pop shops every business can take advantage of SMS Marketing to connect with existing customers and grow revenues by attracing new customers. Here are some popular types of businesses that use SMS Marketing:
- Bars & Nightclubs – Whether you are sending VIP passes, food & drink specials, comp admission or special prizes, customers can instantly respond to your offers! Want to learn more? Visit The Nightlife Info Center!
- Restaurants – Build loyalty, upsell your current customers and drive foot traffic on slow nights. Want to learn more? Visit The Restaurants Info Center!
- Real Estate – Give house hunters instant access to property listings and easily communicate with them to setup an appointment or request more information.
- Retail – Sending coupons, sneak preview sales, and exclusive offers directly to their cell phones is an inexpensive and trackable way to drive purchases!
- Small Businesses– SMS Marketing is perfect for SMBs (SMS 4 SMBs!). It’s fast, affordable and you can do it yourself.